|Voting Tokenshow details +||1VT (VT)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: March 2, 2021 10:00
Sales End: March 7, 2021 23:55
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- April 2, 2020 - April 2, 2030
I’d like to build a system that overhauls and rebalances Pistols, Autopistols, Sawed-off Shotguns, Combat Knives, SpecOps Knives and Psi Amps (with Psionics Ex Machina)
This mod idea will require True Utility Slot Secondary Weapons to be done first so that soldiers can actually carry all of these in their utility slots.
- This mod will succeed and replace Sawed Off Shotgun Overhaul and Autopistol Overhaul. It will include visual weapon attachments for all vanilla and TLP pistols and autopistols, but probably not for sawed off shotguns.
- Sidearms will require reloading (this requires waiting on new Highlander tech).
- Sidearms will be rebalanced across the board, using clipsize as a balancing tool, among other things. Ideally, this mod should be developed *after* Inventory Overhaul, so I have access to Weight and Space as balancing tools as well.
- Pistols will be split into two categories: standard and handcannons.
- Standard Pistols: TLP T1 Pistol -> Mag Pistol -> Beam Pistol. Compact, easy to use, lots of ammo, not a lot of damage.
- Handcannons: vanilla conventional Pistol -> TLP T2 Pistol -> TLP T3 Pistol. Deal more damage, but have lower clipsize and will be “harder to use”. Undecided if that will manifest in some sort of stat penalties or requiring some sort of perk in order to use them.
- Autopistols: about on the same level as Handcannons, and “easier to use”, but have fewer ammo.
- Sawed-off Shotgun: lots of damage, but effective only at very short range. Also big and heavy.
- I have already done some work on visual weapon attachments for TLP pistols:
Firing animations can be potentially changed to accomodate for the stock present on the pistol model.