|Voting Tokenshow details +||1VT (VT)||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: March 2, 2021 10:30
Sales End: March 7, 2021 23:55
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
- April 2, 2020 - April 2, 2030
It would be my honor to be the one to add Pilotable Mechs to XCOM 2. Rough outlines for the planned mod:
- A lot of inspiration taken from MechWarrior 3 and 4.
- The mech would be slightly bigger than Sectopods and would reuse many of their animations.
- On-board AI, fully voiced via text-to-speech voice pack, but unable to control the mech without a pilot. More like Cortana and less like SPARK.
- It is yet to be determined how the mech would be deployed on tactical missions, and whether it would be stored aboard the Avenger. Obviously, it would be too big to fit in the Skyranger.
- Once a mech is deployed, one of your soldiers can get in to pilot the Mech. Potentially there could be a whole animation/cutscene of the soldier getting inside the mech and booting it up, with the on-board AI recounting: “Reactor: online, weapon systems: online, etc”.
- Since this mod will require an absolutely massive amount of work, I don’t want to bloat it with pointless features such as having a separate “Pilot” soldier class. Any soldier will be able to pilot the mech, however the experience accumulated while in the mech will make the soldier a more effective pilot.
- On-board weapon systems include autocannons, lasers and multiple launch rocket systems.
- Potentially the mech might be able to shoot down incoming ADVENT dropships with anti-air missiles.
- Locational damage: each body part of the mech can be damaged separately, damaging or destroying whichever subsystem is associated with that body part. E.g. damaging a leg will slow the mech down, while destroying an arm with a weapon will render that weapon permanently inoperable.
- Pilot injury can potentially occur if the mech’s armor has been damaged.
- Center torso of the mech holds the reactor. If the center torso is critically damaged, the reactor might overload, causing a massive explosion. In that case the pilot would have a turn to eject, or choose to sacrifice their life and continue fighting for one more turn, and then blowing up together with the mech.
- Modular loadout system would be lovely, but it likely will mean too much extra work.
- Visually, I want the mech to resemble a Mad Cat: