The sixth one is a hybrid vehicle-infantry class – MAX.
Infantry class can be changed at an infantry terminal at any time. Spawning as MAX will cost you some Nanites, though.
Snipers, saboteurs and assassins. Can cloak to become almost invisible.
Close range skirmishing and flanking. Can fly on the Jet Pack.
Provide defense and sustain with turrets, mines, repairs and ammo.
Main combat class. Lots of firepower and longevity. Can use rocket launchers.
Second line soldier and support. Can heal and revive allies.
Huge armored suit with dual wielded weapons. Can specialize against any target.
- All infantry classes use Frag Grenades by default, but have access to one or two additional grenade types, unique for each class.
- Med/Resto Kits are unlocked for all classes at the same time. Weapons and their attachments are unlocked to all classes that can use them at the same time.
- C4 and Suit Slots need to be unlocked individually for each class.
- Most of the Implants are shared between classes, but some implants can only be used only by certain classes. Some implants are restricted from MAXes.
Health and Shields
- Every class except for Infiltrators has 500 shields and 500 health.
- Infiltrators have 400 shields and 500 health by default, but they can increase shields to 500 by equipping Nano-Armor Cloaking ability.
- Carapace Implant will replace whatever shields you have with a second bar of 500 health.
Shields regenerate automatically.
- The regeneration process starts in 6 seconds after you take damage. In 4 seconds for Engineers.
- It takes another 6 seconds to fully regenerate shields. This time can be reduced by 2 to 3 seconds by Advanced Shield Capacitor suit slot.
Nanoweave Armor suit slot is available to all non-MAX classes, it grants up to 20% resistance to bullets, as long as they do not hit the head.
MAX units have 2000 base health and 80% resistance to bullets, which translates into 10 000 effective health.
Kinetic Armor certification can increase this resistance up to 87.5%, which translates into 16 000 effective health against small arms fire.
To have something to compare to, one magazine from default TR carbine can potentially deal 143 * 40 = 5720 damage.
Both MAXes and normal infantry can use Flak Armor suit slot, that provides up to 50% resistance to explosive damage, like rockets and grenades. Both direct and splash damage is reduced.